Tasty Tortilla Recipe Made Out Of Cauliflower
If you love to eat tortillas (let’s face it many do), but you are trying to eat healthier, try these cauliflower tortillas. I’ve been on a healthy eating kick for the last couple of weeks. Not necessarily a new year’s resolution or anything, just trying to slowly adjust my life style to be more healthy. I ran across this cauliflower tortilla recipe online and thought I would give it a try.
They are easy to make and are so tasty, unless you don’t like cauliflower. You can use these for tacos, quesadillas, make mini pizzas with them or toast them up to a nice crisp and eat them with salsa. You will cut your calories down and still feel like you are not missing out on those delish chips and salsa (or queso) cravings we all get. I have listed the ingredients and instructions for those of you who may want to try them.
I found this recipe on Recipe Girl and also ran across a video on how to make these cauliflower tortillas. (See video below)
3/4 head cauliflower
2 large eggs
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
juice from 1/2 lime (about 2 Tbsp)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the cauliflower into same-sized pieces and pulse in a food processor until it is finely ground, about the same size as a grain of couscous. This should make about 2 cups of riced cauliflower.
3. Put the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes, then stir and microwave again for another 2 minutes. Let cool until you can handle the cauliflower without burning yourself. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the cauliflower using a cheesecloth or kitchen towel.
4. In a medium bowl, mix the cauliflower, eggs, cilantro, lime, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Use your hands to shape 6 small tortilla-sized circles on the parchment paper.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, carefully flip each tortilla, and return to the oven for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until completely set.
Nutritional Information per serving (using 1/8th teaspoon salt and pepper) –Serving size: 1 tortilla- Calories: 42.9, Fat: 1.8g, Saturated Fat: .6g, Sugar: .1g, Sodium: 95.7mg, Fiber: 1.8g, Protein:3.6g, Cholesterol: 62mg, Carbohydrates: 4.2g