The Best No-Carb Cloud Bread with Only 4 Ingredients. This Cloud Bread is so soft, airy, fluffy and practically melts in your mouth. Carb-free, gluten-free and high in protein.
I thought what the heck is Cloud Bread ? Bread with no carbs? I saw this recipe a few months ago and with the name like that I knew I had to give it a try. I’m not sure why I waited this long. This Cloud Bread is so soft, airy, fluffy and practically melts in your mouth. It is very delicious home-made bread replacement that is practically carb-free, gluten-free and high in protein. ( Other Bread Recipes: Artisan Bread Tutorial)
Kids really loving it too! They are so fooled thinking it is a real bread. But I don’t really make it for them. I started making it for myself because I’m on no-sugar, no-carb eating at the moment. Thank god I’m not a sweet person so I never ever crave sugar or cookies, but this Cloud bread is fooling me too. This recipe is making it easy not to crave bread. It can be consumed in a variety or ways such as hamburger buns, hot or cold sandwich. My favorite way to enjoy my cloud bread is to put a slice of tomato and melted mozzarella on top or with a piece of smoked salmon and cream cheese. Yummy!
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 Tablespoons cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder (or cream of tartar)
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon Honey or some natural sweetener, salt, garlic powder, rosemary
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius)
- Separate the eggs, there must be no yolk in the white.
- In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, cream cheese and honey until smooth.
- In the second bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder (or cream of tartar if you prefer, I just didn’t like the taste of cream of tartar) to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy, form a nice peaks and hold their peaks. Beat the egg whites until like a whipped cream consistency. It should look something like this:
- Slowly fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites and mix carefully, you don’t want to break the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
- Do this as quickly as possible or the mixture may start melting – Spoon the mixture into 10-12 even rounds on the baking sheet, sprinkle with rosemary or your favorite spices and put it in the oven.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes on the middle rack. Then broil for 1 minute and watch it until they become nice and golden brown. At this point make sure you watch them so they don’t burn
- Remove from the oven and let cool and enjoy!